[FieldTrip] source grand-average MNE

Vitoria Piai v.piai.research at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 01:48:00 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone has an insight into the problem I've been
having when trying to run ft_sourcegrandaverage on the output from
ft_sourceanalysis with  cfg.method = 'mne';

I followed the procedure described in the tutorial "Source
reconstruction of event-related fields using minimum-norm estimate"
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/minimumnormestimate and I'm
working with MNI-warped grids. (I'm using version fieldtrip-20140801)

With a call to ft_sourcegrandaverage over the subjects' data, I get the
error a known error: "the input sources vary in the field pos".
So what I did next was to set .pos and .dim for each subjects' source
reconstruction to one same .pos and .dim from the template sourcemodel.
In this case, the error I get is the following:

Error using fixdimord (line 159)
unexpected dimord "_ori_ori"

Error in fixdimord (line 91)
       data = fixdimord(data);

Error in ft_datatype_source (line 208)
     source = fixdimord(source);

Error in ft_sourcegrandaverage (line 108)
   varargin{i} = ft_datatype_source(varargin{i}, 'version', 'upcoming');

I haven't been able to download a more recent version of FT yet (server
down?), so I apologise if my question would be solved by simply
downloading a more recent FT version.
Thanks a lot, Vitoria