[FieldTrip] Connectivity analysis with powcorr_ortho

Frédéric Roux f.roux at bcbl.eu
Wed Oct 15 22:09:43 CEST 2014

Hi Matthias,

have you tried:

cfg.keetrials = 'yes' in your cfg?

Best,
Fred

Frédéric Roux

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Treder" <matthias.treder at gmail.com>
To: fieldtrip at science.ru.nl
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:56:17 PM
Subject: [FieldTrip] Connectivity analysis with powcorr_ortho

Hello FieldTrippers,

I want to do a envelope-based connectivity analysis of resting state MEG following the regime of Hipp. The respective method is implemented in ft_connectivityanalysis as powcorr_ortho.

Like in the Hipp paper, I am first doing a wavelet analysis on the sensor level (10 Hz for me).
I eventually want to do source-space analysis - currently I stay in sensor space, however.
I keep the complex Fourier coefficients (cfg.output = 'fourier') and the result is:

label: {204x1 cell}
dimord: 'rpttap_chan_freq_time'
freq: [10 20]
time: [1x57400 double]
fourierspctrm: [4-D double]
cumtapcnt: [1 1]
grad: [1x1 struct]
cfg: [1x1 struct]

Looking in ft_connectivityanalysis in line 697 the function requires either a field .mom or the structure of the data has to be rpttap_chan_freq, but I have sensor-level time-frequency data.

Any idea how to fix my analysis?

Thanks a lot !
Matthias