[FieldTrip] tfa produces zeros

Marcus Heldmann marcus.heldmann at neuro.uni-luebeck.de
Wed Nov 19 09:58:08 CET 2014

Dear all,
I have a dataset with surface and local field potential recordings and I’d like to perform a tfa. The data are recorded with a BrainVision Recorder, 1KHz sampling frequency, bp 0.05-200Hz. After epoching (-1 to 2 s), filtering (bsfilter 49:51, lpfilter 70) and baseline correction I tried to perform a tfa using a wavelet analysis described in the tutorial (http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/timefrequencyanalysis, Time-frequency analysis IV). However, the powspctrm-field just contains NaNs (which is ok) and zeros (not ok). The data seem to be correct, I am able to plot single trials. The strange thing is, that my EEGLAB analysis provides some meaningful results. You can fined the preprocessed data for one condition under the following link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4-NxS-suG8dOXZnVHcxUDFyYXM/view?usp=sharing

Any idea, why this happen’s?

Greetings, Marcus

Dr. Marcus Heldmann