[FieldTrip] reading in ascii files

Martine van Schouwenburg martine.vanschouwenburg at ucsf.edu
Tue Nov 11 02:45:42 CET 2014

Hi all,

I have been using a new (wireless and dry!) EEG cap called Enobio
(http://www.neuroelectrics.com/ ). It saves the data in a non-traditional
format called .easy files, but they are basically just ascii files that can
be read with dlmread into matlab. Is anyone aware of a way I can read these
files into Fieldtrip? I tried changing the extension to .txt, because on the
Fieldtrip website it mentions this as one of the supported data formats (for
NIRS though..), but I get the following error.

Error using ft_read_header (line 1833)

unsupported header format (ascii_txt)

I guess it makes sense cause there is no header in the file. J It is just a
table with number of electrodes x number of data points. If anyone has
succeeded in the past to read in ascii files into Fieldtrip, or has any idea
on how to achieve this, I would very much appreciate your advice!

Thanks!

Best,

Martine van Schouwenburg