[FieldTrip] Cannot read the events of a .BDF file exported from an EGI .RAW

Ana Laura Diez Martini diezmartini at gmail.com
Mon May 26 02:30:57 CEST 2014

Hi all!

This is the .BDF file
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/xu5a9jwefpxnx2v/RAWconTriggers.bdf>of one of my
EEG subjects. For my last experiment I used a Biosemi system and now I'm
using an EGI system which gives me .RAW files. I exported the .RAW file
with EEGlab to .BDF format and I tried using the scripts I use to analise
the data of my previous experiment but I realised that it was not reading
the events:

cfg = [];
cfg.dataset = ' (location)';
cfg.trialdef.eventtype  = '?';
definetrial(cfg);
Warning: no trialfun was specified, using trialfun_general
> In definetrial at 79
evaluating trialfunction 'trialfun_general'
no events were found in the datafile
no trials have been defined yet, see DEFINETRIAL for further help
found 0 events
created 0 trials

EEGlab does read them. Any idea of what could be wrong?

Thank you all!!