[FieldTrip] ft_timelockstatistics cluster correction using ECoG data

Eric Maris e.maris at psych.ru.nl
Sun May 4 12:33:35 CEST 2014

Hi Kristen,

If you supply ft_timelockstatistics with data containing multiple channels
it will always “correct” (this is not the best word to denote what the
method does, but let’s use it anyhow) for the number of channels. By
requesting not to do clustering in space you just achieve that a clusters
are computed in a different way (ie, assuming that the channels measure
functionally independent signals).

If you do not want correction for multiple channels, then you must analyze
the data per channel, as you did for Elec11. If you have a low number of
channels, then you could combine the permutation-based p-value with regular
Bonferroni correction (dividing the critical alpha-level by the number of
channels).

Good luck,

Eric Maris