[FieldTrip] ft_volumelookup source reconstruction (?)

Tyler Grummett tyler.grummett at flinders.edu.au
Wed May 28 10:00:49 CEST 2014

Hello fieldtrippers,

I would like to know if it is possible to determine the sources that correspond to a brain region as found by ft_volumelookup.

I have used the following code:

            % interpolate sources
            mri = ft_read_mri('Subject01.mri');
            mri = ft_volumereslice([], mri);

            % read in atlas from fieldtrip template
            afni = ft_read_atlas( fullfile( matlabrootpath, 'Matlab/fieldtrip/template/atlas/afni/TTatlas+tlrc.HEAD'));

            % construct grid that lies only in grey matter
            cfg = [];
            cfg.mri = mri;
            cfg.grid.warpmni = 'yes';
            cfg.grid = afni;
            grid = ft_prepare_sourcemodel( cfg);?

            % Source Analysis: without contrasting condition
            cfg = [];
            cfg.channel = 'EEG';
            cfg.method = 'lcmv';
            cfg.grid = grid;
            cfg.grid.outside = [];
            cfg.vol = vol;
            cfg.keepfilter = 'yes';
            source = ft_sourceanalysis( cfg, timelock);
            source.pos = source.pos( source.inside( :), :);

            % look up which virtual channels correspond to particular areas
            % of the brain
            cfg = [];
            cfg.atlas = afni;
            cfg.inputcoord = 'mni';
            cfg.maskparameter = 'inside';
            labels = ft_volumelookup( cfg, source);

It gives me a set of labels, but I dont know what sources are located in the brain regions found.

I would like to somehow combine the sources in these brain regions, so that I am left with one source per brain region.

Tyler

Tyler Grummett ( BBSc, BSc(Hons I))
PhD Candidate
Brain Signals Laboratory