[FieldTrip] granger causality on beamformer data

Julian Keil julian.keil at gmail.com
Tue May 27 18:25:18 CEST 2014

Hi Tyler,

I can't comment on the usefulness of directionality between 1400 sources,
but keep in mind, that you would have to compute something in the range of
1400*1400
connections, so I hope you have a fast computer.

As for the regions, in case you want to use anatomically defined regions,
you an either use the atlases (atlanti? atlae?) that come with fieldtrip or
generate a mask from this website:
http://neuro.imm.dtu.dk/services/jerne/ninf/voi.html

The general idea is to build a grid with a gridpoint per voxel of your MRI
using ft_prepare_sourcemodel. Then you can check which of your virtual
channels is closest to the voxel-gridpoints and thus select the virtual
channels that are inside your ROI.

In the first case, you can use ft_volumelookup to find the voxels
corresponding to your ROI. In the latter case you can just use the mask and
check which voxels are 1 (= inside your ROI).

I hope that helps, if you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

Best,

Julian