[FieldTrip] Cannot read the events of a .BDF file exported from an EGI .RAW

Diego Lozano Soldevilla d.lozanosoldevilla at fcdonders.ru.nl
Mon May 26 10:58:01 CEST 2014

Hi Ana,

Fieldtrip does not read events in BDF format. Take a look to our wiki:

http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/getting_started/egi

   - *EDF+* (.edf) All channels, including PIB channels, are read in
   correctly, including channel labels. However, the events, which are stored
   on the annotation channel, are written in a way by Net Station that is not
   compatible with the edf+ reading implementation in FieldTrip. So, events do
   not come out properly. Also discontinuous epochs are “glued” together as
   one “continuous” data stream.

As Arjen suggested, with *.RAW you shouldn't have any problem.

event = ft_read_event('*.RAW')

If you encounter it, please let us know.

best,

Diego