[FieldTrip] EEG source reconstruction using fieldtrip (MRI not available)

Ying Li yingli.ucla at gmail.com
Sun May 18 00:23:29 CEST 2014

Dear all,

Fieldtrip provides a great tool of using MRI to do MEG source
reconstruction (http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/minimumnormestimate).
Now I want to do EEG source reconstruction. The EEG cap we used is the
standard 10-10 system, but the MRI of the subject is not available. I'm
thinking to use another person's MRI instead (i.e. the MNI template). Does
fieldtrip provide some tools to match the electrode location and the head
model from another person?

In addition, since MEG sensor positions are always defined relative to the
fiducial coils, so we don't need to transform it into CTF coordinate system
any more. When doing EEG source reconstruction, is there any extra steps
needed? (i.e. transform the EEG sensor to some certain coordinate system,
etc.) Thanks a lot!

Best,

Ying