[FieldTrip] Linearly indexed data for mvar connectivity

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Wed Mar 19 14:38:17 CET 2014

Dear Tony,

I don't think that these immediate plans exist. I wasn't aware of the fact that ft_freqanalysis_mvar does not swallow the linearly indexed combinations. We may want to look into that. Could you post a bug on bugzilla for this? The fact that it is not supported for dtf and pdc actually has a reason, which is related to the fact that these measures are normalized with respect to the total inflow/outflow for a given channel, where the MVAR-model explicitly should be based on the multivariate decomposition (i.e. where multi means all channels included). The functionality of ft_mvaranalysis with cfg.channelcmb fits a separate mvar-model for each channel pair.

Does this make sense?

Best wishes,
Jan-Mathijs

On Mar 19, 2014, at 2:15 PM, Antony Passaro wrote:

> I was wondering if there were any immediate plans to implement this functionality for the mvar connectivity measures (ie DTF, PDC, etc.)? Linearly indexed data such as specific channel pairs (instead of all possible channel pair combinations) seems to work fine for the ft_mvaranalysis function but fails for the ft_freqanalysis_mvar function and is not fully implemented in the ft_connectivity_dtf and _pdc functions. Any advice on how to proceed would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> -Tony

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793

http://www.hettaligebrein.nl