[FieldTrip] FW: ft_volumerealign and ft_dipolefitting

Kaelasha Tyler ktyler at swin.edu.au
Mon Mar 31 17:34:03 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I have a question regarding dipole fitting and aligning anatomical images and volume conduction models with MEG sensors.
I know a lot of other people have posted on related issues on this email list, but looking through previous emails, I can't see the solution to my current problems.
Any help, much appreciated.

Ultimately, when I use ft_dipolefitting and plot with ft_sourceplot, I end up with 'dipoles' appearing outside the head......

Checking the registration of my volume conduction model with sensors, it also appears the volume conduction model is aligned unrealistically high within the sensors (see jpg).

Yes, I have checked that the coordsys and units are the same for sensors, mri, segmented mri and volume conduction model. I am using a neuromag system, and use  ft_volumerealign with  cfg.method = 'interactive' and cfg.coordsys = 'neuromag' to bring the MRI into neuromag coordinates.

I can't see where co-registration problems are arising, or why the dipoles should be being shown as appearing outside the head.

I have fussed over this for so long, if anyone can point me towards the light I will be utterly grateful.....

Regards,
Kaelasha Tyler
PhD Candidate
Brain and Psychological Sciences Research Centre
Swinburne University
Australia