[FieldTrip] Source localizing auditory steady state responses

McGowin, Inna mcgoiv0 at wfu.edu
Wed Mar 19 18:21:24 CET 2014

Hey May,
Beamorming on correlated sources is my interest too. The problem is that
most beamformers (I deal with SAM and vector beamformer) are going to
suppress or/and misplace any correlated source. The way I deal with this
problem is by creating a region of interest (around primary auditory
cortex) and beaformer over each ROI separately.  The signal correlation
problem is still there but with a lesser extant (I think). Here is a great
article on this topic:
Beamformer reconstruction of correlated sources using a modified source
model
and
Modified Beamformers for Coherent Source Region Suppression

Also if I localize evoked responses I always prefer dipole fitting over
other methods, you could try the moving dipolar fitting method and have
your wave former from the dipole t-course.
Let me know how it will go for you.
Cheers,
Inna

Inna McGowin