[FieldTrip] Linearly indexed data for mvar connectivity

Antony Passaro antony.passaro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:27:18 CET 2014

Dear Jan-Mathijs,

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. In regards to the potential bug
in the ft_freqanalysis_mvar function, I see that it does indeed "swallow"
 linearly indexed combos, however, a reshape error is typically returned
(line 146) since it tries to reshape the matrix into the incorrect number
of elements. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I only feed the
untouched output from the mvaranalysis to the freqanalysis function. I will
send the "bug" to Bugzilla.

In regards to your point about DTF and PDC normalization, as I understand
it, one is normalized by the outflow and the other is normalized by the
inflow (DTF and PDC respectively?). That being the case, it seems like
a normalization to only one channel (or a subset of channels) or from only
one channel (or a subset) would produce a correct normalization in one case
(ie outflow) but not in the other (ie inflow). PDC and DTF taken together
should then show the correct inflow but not outflow (PDC?) and the correct
outflow but not inflow (DTF?), correct? I know that proposal may not be the
most mathematically viable option, however, I'm not sure how else to tackle
this issue.

Thanks,
-Tony