[FieldTrip] appending data from two recordings

Phyllis Mania phyllis.mania at uni-hamburg.de
Fri Mar 14 11:47:44 CET 2014

Hi all,

I've been trying to append data from two datasets that were read in and
segmented into trials separately.

Whenever I do so all events get mixed up, i.e., eventvalues that were not
specified for ft_definetrial (and ft_redefinetrial) show up in the
databrowser and the original events of interest are not aligned to 0
anymore.

The warning I get is "input data comes from different datafiles; removing
sampleinfo field".

Is there another way to combine data from different recordings? I use Vision
Recorder and subjects need to take a break during the experiment, which is
why I end up with two datasets in the first place.

I figured that combining the datasets before defining trials would be more
efficient anyway but then I don't know how to read in all events (since
ft_definetrial requires one dataset).

Thanks in advance!

Phyllis