[FieldTrip] Source time series question

Christopher Day chris.day-2 at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Fri Mar 7 16:52:55 CET 2014

Hi,

I noticed in this old conversation on the mailing list that it is possible to extract a 3-dimensional source moment at each time point in a trial:

http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2011-August/004185.html

Would anyone be able to tell me whether the direction of this moment remains relatively constant throughout the time course of the trial? And furthermore, that it is mainly the magnitude of the source along this direction that explains the variation in each source? Intuitively, it seems to me that the direction of the source would be constrained by the brain tissue orientation. Is this the case?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Kind regards,

Chris Day

PhD Student in Psychological Sciences,