[FieldTrip] ft_prepare_neighbours

Beom Jun Min mbj0310 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 02:09:11 CET 2014

Hello

I have a problem with channel repair.

Firstly, I created my own layout because I cannot apply my data into the
offered layout files.
As far as I know, my EEG data was acquired through SynAmps 2 system with
128 electrodes, but I cannot find a suitable layout files.
QuikCap_NSL_128 does not match either.

Anyway, I created own customized layout, and usual preprocessing steps were
done.
However, there were some bad recording channels so I removed them during
preprocessing.
Moreover, the removed channels are different among the subjects, and now it
becomes a big problem for analyzing the data.

So I tried channel repair process, but encountered with errors.

cfg = [];
cfg.method        = 'template';
cfg.template      = 'bj_plot.mat';
cfg.layout        = lay;
cfg.channel       = 'T7'; % channels for which neighbours should be found
cfg.feedback      = 'yes';
neighbours = ft_prepare_neighbours(cfg, data);

I think I have to use 'template' method because, there are some missing
channels serially.
And here are my question.
Is it possible to assign my own layout in the cfg.template or cfg.layout?
Actually at this step, I do not understand how to proceed.
Also, there are many missing channels differ from each subject, but I am
not sure which channels should be placed in the cfg.channel. (T7 is one of
the missing channel in a subject in my case.)
Finally, at 'data' field, is it possible to assign a finalized preprocessed
data?

And after ft_prepare_neighbours,

cfg = [];
cfg.method         = 'spline'
% cfg.badchannel     = 'T7';
cfg.missingchannel = 'T7';
cfg.neighbours     = neighbours;
cfg.trials         = 'all'
interpolated = ft_channelrepair(cfg, data)

Is that right?

--
BeomJun Min, M.D.

Department of Medical System Engineering (DMSE)
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
261 Cheomdan-gwagiro(Oryong-dong), Buk-gu, Gwangju
500-712, Republic of Korea (South)
Phone: +82-62-715-3266 / Fax: +82-62-715-3244
E-mail: mbj0310 at gmail.com, http://bmssa.gist.ac.kr