[FieldTrip] Phase Lag Index

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Jun 24 09:05:49 CEST 2014

Hi Lidia,

Transforming a number that is bounded between -1 and 1 into a number that has absolute value and is bounded between 0 and 1 can be achieved by taking the abs().
Alternatively, you could compute the classic PLI from a time series of complex-valued cross-spectral density estimates by abs(mean(sign(angle(x))));

On Jun 24, 2014, at 12:46 AM, Lidia Mijas <lid.mijas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to compute a classic phase lag index between pairs of MEG time series.
>
> So far I only found a wieghted phase lag index method implemented in ft and as far as I understand it is a directed measure so it gives the values from -1 to 1. Has anyone have an idea how to transform it so it computes  absolute values from 0 to 1???
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Lidia

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793

http://www.hettaligebrein.nl