[FieldTrip] How do you prevent ft_resample from filtering your trigger channels?

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Fri Jun 13 13:33:54 CEST 2014

Hi Aaron,

You can use cfg.method = ‘nearest’ when downsampling the trigger channels. I suspect that in this case no filtering will be applied.
Thus, call ft_resampledata twice (each time with a different method: once for the functional data, the other time for the trigger(s)), and call ft_appenddata afterwards.

On Jun 13, 2014, at 1:08 PM, Aaron Schurger <aaron.schurger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> It seems that ft_resample applies to all of the channels in the data
> structure. During resampling fieldtrip applies a filter, which adds
> artifacts to the step function in the trigger channels. For
> downsampling at least it would be great if you could specify a subset
> of channels to be downsampled by simple decimation (i.e. skip the
> lowpass filter). Is there any built-in way to do this?
> Thanks!
> Aaron
>
> --
> Aaron Schurger, PhD
> Senior researcher
> Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience
> Brain-Mind Institute, Department of Life Sciences
> École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
> Station 19, AI 2101
> 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
> +41 21 693 1771
> aaron.schurger at epfl.ch
> http://lnco.epfl.ch/

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793

http://www.hettaligebrein.nl