[FieldTrip] Defining a custom statfun for cluster statistics

Herring, J.D. (Jim) j.herring at fcdonders.ru.nl
Mon Jun 2 10:51:38 CEST 2014

Hi Steve,

If I understand you correctly you basically want to test a one-sided
interaction effect, which boils down to doing a one-sided dependent samples
t-test between the difference scores of condition I vs the difference scores
of condition II.

So, first you would have to calculate the difference timeseries diff_I(Ia –
Ib) and diff_II(IIa-IIb). Then you run ft_timelockstatistics using
statfun_depsamplesT on diff_I vs diff_II testing one-sided only looking at
positive clusters (If you expect that diff_I > diff_II ).

Best,

Jim