[FieldTrip] parallelizing ft_statistics_montecarlo to enhance computation speed for time-frequency data

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Wed Jul 16 09:39:03 CEST 2014

Hi Fred,

Some time ago, I replaced parts of the clustering routine with a
mex-file. For me this greatly sped up the cluster stats. I guess you
are using a fairly recent (<1yr old) FT version? The platform you're
using might also be relevant, I just noticed that the mex-file
(private/combineClusters.mex*) is distributed in compiled form only
for Linux 64 and Windows 32/64 bit. If you're e.g. on a Macintosh, you
could compile it yourself from the src/combineClusters.cpp source
file.

I know of no attempts to parallelise the clustering code.

Best,
Eelke