[FieldTrip] Editing Vertices of Scalp Manually or Automatically

Isaiah C. Smith Isaiah.C.Smith.17 at dartmouth.edu
Mon Jul 14 23:28:59 CEST 2014

Hello Everyone,

I am having a problem with noise appearing in my volume conduction model. There are a few horn-like images on the head, and a cluster of vertices in the area where a neck would normally appear but the MRI was only of the upper half of someone's head so it should not be appearing either. I am running into a wall when I try to edit manually because the data so large I cannot view it. Please, I have been trying to fix this for a while does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of these extraneous points: whether manually or by shifting parameters in the segmentation process? Your help would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated.

This is an image of the problem described.
[cid:22E46479-BCE2-415D-B591-A53EE4F23A57]

Kind Regards,

Isaiah

Isaiah Smith ( Dartmouth Undergraduate)
UCLA California NanoSystems Institute Summer Intern
University of California Los Angeles
Dr. Wentai Liu’s Biomimetics Lab
Rm 5311