[FieldTrip] error message when using dml.crossvalidator with "resample" option

Akiko Ikkai akiko.ikkai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 20:11:44 CEST 2014

Dear Fieldtrippers,

I'm trying to run a multivariate analysis to see if my data could classify
trial types correctly. I'd like to use 'resample' option in
dml.crossvalidator, since number of trials are sometimes quite different
between trial types.

When I feed in cfg.mva (at the end of this message), I get an error
message:
"No appropriate method, property, or field test for class
dml.crossvalidator.

Error in dml.analysis/test (line 65)
                Y = obj.method{c}.test(Y);

Error in dml.crossvalidator/train (line 159)
            obj.result{f} = tproc.test(testX);"

I think it's because the inputs to dml.crossvalidator are not properly
entered. Could someone suggest a good way to format the inputs?

Here is what I'm running:
cfg=[]; % perform classification on the two TFRs
cfg.channel = 'Fp1';
cfg.frequency = [4 8];
cfg.latency = [.4 4.6];
cfg.method='crossvalidate';
cfg.design=[ones(size(TFRcond1.powspctrm,1), 1);
2.*ones(size(TFRcond2.powspctrm,1), 1)]';
cfg.statistic = {'accuracy' 'binomial' 'contingency'};
cfg.mva = dml.crossvalidator('mva',{dml.standardizer()
dml.svm()},'resample',true);
stat=ft_freqstatistics(cfg, TFRcond1, TFRcond2);

Thanks in advance!
Akiko

--
Akiko Ikkai, Ph.D.