[FieldTrip] Event Type in own .mat structure

Nijo Abraham nabra005 at odu.edu
Mon Jul 21 19:10:15 CEST 2014

Hi everyone. This question might sound trivial to many. However, since I
just started using Fieldtrip I am having a tough time figuring how to input
my own event types, start and end time for each event etc into the modified
matlab data structure.

I have a matlab structure with 4 EEG channels, obtained from Simulink. My
ultimate goal is to convert this structure into a format with event types
and event values that can be read by SPM.

However, I am not able to find any tutorial that explain how one can add
event types into own matlab data structure. (All the tutorials assume that
the .ds or .vhr etc files already have event types assigned to them.) Can
anyone help me out ?

(P.S. I was successful in breaking down the .mat structure into trial,
including adding the trialinfo attribute. However, the trialinfo cannot be
read as an event in SPM. Only eventtypes and event values are asked as
inputs in SPM, it seems)

Neo