[FieldTrip] testing if power is significantly different from zero

Lam, Nietzsche n.lam at fcdonders.ru.nl
Thu Jul 17 13:56:35 CEST 2014

Hi Hweeling,

I think the approach is similar to testing two different conditions. I have a suggestion below, but I think some people would argue that this is not a good way to do the test.

 You can keep the design matrix the same as comparing two conditions, but for the "zero" condition, you will turn this all into zeros.
dat1.powspctrm = %power from your condition of interest
dat2 = dat1      % your "zero" condition"
dat2.powspctrm(:) = 0; % making the data structure identical to condition of interest but everything is zero.
Then call your statistics function as before.

Perhaps someone else can give you more detail on this.

Nietzsche