[FieldTrip] Conflicting pca functions in Matlab and FT

Niccolò Pescetelli niccol000 at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 9 16:35:57 CEST 2014

Hi!

I just noted that fieldtrip has a function called pca.m to perform principal component analysis.
The problem with this is that also the standard MATLAB toolbox contains a pca.m function to perform PCA, but the two functions are not compatible with each other and cause unwanted calls depending on the position in your search path. For example at the moment I want to use the MATLAB pca function to analyse behavioural data, but at some point I might need the FT pca one ot analyse MEG data.

How can I fix this bug? I think changing the name to the function in FT is going to be risky

Thanks!