[FieldTrip] regressconfound and frequency domain

Stolk, A. (Arjen) a.stolk at fcdonders.ru.nl
Fri Feb 21 15:53:35 CET 2014

Dear Alik, If I am correct, you're asking how to create subject-level t-descriptives, mentioned in the previous post? A quick answer would be to perform an indepedent t-test ( cfg.statistic = indepsamplesT; ) using ft_timelockstatistics (although you're not really 'testing' here, but only interested in that t-descriptive), in which trials are the unit of observations ( cfg.design = [ones(1, ntrls_conditionA) 2*ones(1, ntrls_conditionB)]; ). Note that since an indepedent t-test tests for differences of the means of two conditions, it won't fail on unequal number of observations across the conditions (unlike a dependent/paired t-test). Hope this gets you kickstarted for the moment. I found a previous mail-conversation that goes more into detail, providing more overview of the steps involved: http://mailman.science.ru.nl/pipermail/fieldtrip/2011-November/004539.html More useful documentation: http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/what_is_the_idea_behind_statistical_inference_at_the_second-level Yours, Arjen ----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----