[FieldTrip] regressconfound and frequency domain

Raghavan Gopalakrishnan gopalar.ccf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 22:12:28 CET 2014

Arjen,
Thanks, I reduced down the time resolution so computation can go faster.
Now, my matrix looks like this

hpicomptimefreq =

        label: {204x1 cell}
       dimord: 'rpt_chan_freq_time'
         freq: [1x56 double]
         time: [1x375 double]
    powspctrm: [4-D double]
    cumtapcnt: [59x56 double]
          cfg: [1x1 struct]
    trialinfo: [59x1 double]
         beta: [4-D double]

ft_regressconfound run on timelock data seems to return output with avg
field. However, ft_regressconfound run on frequency data, does not return
average. I see the avg field being removed. Is there a reason?
Question - Since ft_regressconfound outputs power spectrum of individual
trials - 4D matrix (instead of average), can I simply re-average the power
spectrum over trials to see the average power for that subject. Also, I
need to run grand average (over subjects) before running statistics. I hope
these steps does not distort the data. Please advise.

Thanks,
Raghavan