[FieldTrip] Interactions

Joshua Hartshorne jkhartshorne at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 20:32:38 CET 2014

Hi Eric,

I tried effect sizes of 20 and 4 subjects per condition. With 200
iterations, the false alarm rate was *lower* for permutations (.02) than
for a standard ANOVA (.025). For good measure, I also tried with effect
sizes of 10, with the same result (.02 vs. .03).

I still don't see what the problem would be. I always understood that the
main thing permutation tests need is exchangeability, and it doesn't get
much more exchangeable than in a between/between design. I'm reading the
original work now, though, so maybe I'll discover something.

Josh