[FieldTrip] 10-05 Electrode File co-registration

Erickson ericksonb.eng at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 22:14:32 CET 2014

List,
In the documentation, two pages appear to conflict concerning the head
model to which the standard_1005.elc electrode location file is
co-registered to.

http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/template/electrode
advises that the standard_1005.elc file is coregistered to a spherical head
model (with coordinates in MNI space). (see the link to
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11275545on this page)

http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/template/headmodel
appears to contradict this by stating that the standard_1005.elc file's
positions are co-registered to MNI space geometry based on the Colin27
model (which is exactly what I'm looking for). However this page also says
that the segmentation is based on the same paper as I linked above.

Perhaps I do not understand what is meant by a segmentation. Are these
electrode positions (in the file standard_1005.elc) referenced to a
spherical head model or to the Colin27 model?

Your time is very appreciated!

Brian Erickson
Ph.D. candidate, ACBS Program
Drexel University Psychology Department