[FieldTrip] Still about channel repair

jan-mathijs schoffelen jan.schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Tue Feb 4 18:08:37 CET 2014

Hi Ivano,
Please have a look at the link attached.

http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/faq/how_are_electrodes_magnetometers_or_gradiometers_described

On Feb 4, 2014, at 6:01 PM, Ivano Triggiani wrote:

> Hi Fieldtrippers,
>
> I read many answers about problems on channel repair, but still something miss me to understand hot to fix a channel. I tried with:
> cfg                = [];
> replace_channels   = ft_channelselection('gui',hdr.label);
> cfg.badchannel     = replace_channels;
> cfg.layout         = 'EEG_layout.lay';
> cfg.method         = 'triangulation';
> cfg.elecfile       = 'EEG_cap.sfp';
> cfg.neighbours     = neighbours;
> cfg.trials         = 'all';
> elec.label         = hdr.label;
> data.elec          = ft_prepare_layout(cfg);
> repaired_data      = ft_channelrepair(cfg,rawdataout);
>
> but it returns:
> ??? Error using ==> ft_channelrepair at 92
> the data should contain either an electrode or a gradiometer definition
>
> I cannot find into documentation what it means.
> I guess I have to specify the kind of measurement (EEG/MEG), but where?
> Furthermore I read the docs about electrode position , channel position and so on, but can we get some example?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Ivano
>

> "No man can wear one face to himself
> and another to the multitude,
> without finally getting bewildered
> as to which one is true."
>

> Nathaniel Hawthorne

Jan-Mathijs Schoffelen, MD PhD

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging,

Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics,
Nijmegen, The Netherlands

J.Schoffelen at donders.ru.nl
Telephone: +31-24-3614793

http://www.hettaligebrein.nl