[FieldTrip] Plotting ERP data: From topoplot to 3D brain surface plot

barbara.schorr at uni-ulm.de barbara.schorr at uni-ulm.de
Thu Feb 27 09:08:24 CET 2014

Dear Fieldtripers,

I have ERP data from a normal oddball task (low pitch tones vs. high
pitch tones) resulting in a P300. I know how to plot them with the
normal ft_topoplot command. For just visualization, this is fine, but
for a publication I would like to plot my data on a 3D brain surface.
I know how to do that with the ft_sourceplot command. I tried it with
my data, but the result is not even close to what I see when I plot it
with the ft_topoplot command (I don's see the nice big blob of
activity in the parietal cortex).
I guess the problem is that I do more analizyng steps in order to get
the data structure which is needed for sourceplotting.

What I really just want to do is putting my topoplot on a
brainsurface. Is that possible in fieldtrip or do I need to use
another software?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Barbara Schorr, MSc
Clinical and Biological Psychology