[FieldTrip] regressconfound and frequency domain

Alik Widge alik.widge at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 11:38:10 CET 2014

Arjen, what you just described is more or less what I struggled to do last
week and ultimately gave up as I was unable to figure out how to get FT to
do it despite much meditation over tutorials and source files. Can you
elaborate a bit more on what you are saying below -- not the
ft_regressconfound bit, but the bit about how to get
ft_statistics_montecarlo and its wrappers to do a trials-level analysis and
permutation at the whole-group level? Especially, what does one put in
cfg.design and how does one call the function? Everything I could find in
the tutorials described the case of doing means at the subject level and
then permutation of means at the group level, which as you point out is
underpowered for subtle effects.

My particular situation was timelock-analyzed trials (with
keeptrials='yes'), but I  could not find a way to set up cfg.design that
did not throw error messages. The thing that really seemed to bother it was
that there were different numbers of trials in the 2-3 conditions of
interest, since some had to be removed for excessive artifact.

Thanks for any help,
Alik

Alik Widge
alik.widge at gmail.com