[FieldTrip] coherence vs magnitude squared coherence

Vries, I.E.J. de i.e.j.de.vries at student.vu.nl
Tue Feb 18 00:00:29 CET 2014

Hi Fieldtrippers,

If I got it correctly, if you choose to calculate coherence (cfg.method='coh') with ft_connectivityanalysis, and you choose cfg.complex='abs' (which is the default), you get the absolute value of coherency, i.e. coherence. But not yet the magnitude squared coherence, which is usually reported in the literature for coherence. So all I need to do is square the coherence value calculated by Fieldtrip right?

Cheers,
Ingmar