[FieldTrip] ft_regressconfound

Raghavan Gopalakrishnan gopalar.ccf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 17:03:40 CET 2014

Dear all,

I am using regressconfound on Neuromag data. In CTF data, data for coil1,
coil2 and coil3 are generated and then circumcenter function is called to
compute 3 translational and 3 rotational dof.
Unlike, CTF, Neuromag maxfilter allows to compute CHPI or QUAT channels
that provide quarternion parameters q1 through q6, where q4,q5 and q6 are
translations in x, y and z directions. I am using these q4,q5 and q6 to
directly compute the rotational orientations (using the last part of the
circumcenter.m script).

It is said regressconfound must be used as a last step prior to stats. I
have 4 blocks of data for each subject. Which option below should I follow?
1. Apply regress confound separately to four blocks? But, then I have to
average these four blocks once again using ft_timelockanalysis, then grand
average using ft_timelockgrandaverage before computing stats.
2. Or should I append the four blocks first, then perform regressconfound?
In this case, I directly go to grandaverage and stats.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Raghavan