[FieldTrip] Cluster analysis on correlation statistics

Dr Christopher Brown cb802 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 9 12:27:55 CET 2014

Dear Eric, Tom, Arjen

Thanks for the information and it's good to know the functionality I need is
already there. Just to clarify, I understand the situation as thus (please
correct any errors of understanding):

-          The ft_statfun_indepsamplesregrT function can be used to
calculate parametric linear regression statistics with ivar as the
independent variable of interest, e.g. a behavioural variable across trials
or subjects, and uvar as units (e.g. trials or subjects).

-          The new ft_statfun_intersubcorr can calculate Spearman
correlation statistics between subjects (but not between trials), and
doesn't currently have a parametric (e.g., Pearson's) option, although this
appears to be covered by the ft_statfun_indepsamplesregrT function anyway.
By the way, in the ft_statfun_intersubcorr description/instructions, some of
the text appears to refer to ft_statfun_depsamplesT instead. Can I assume
that ivar is in fact the behavioural variable of interest rather than
"conditions that must be compared" as currently stated? Also, what is the
reason this function cannot be used across trials within a subject?

Best wishes

Chris

Dr Christopher Brown

Research Associate | CamPain Research Group | Department of Anaesthesia |
University of Cambridge

Box 93
Addenbrooke's Hospital
Hills Road