[FieldTrip] about detrend

Alexander Nakhnikian Alexander_Nakhnikian at hms.harvard.edu
Sun Dec 7 17:50:01 CET 2014

I would.  Baseline correction removes background components from the ERP
but it does remove linear offset that is part of the post-stimulus time
series.  In addition to getting ride of DC, detrending also removes
certain non-stationarities and reduces the severity of edge effects.  I
use it as a matter of course unless there is a compelling reason to omit
it from the analysis pipeline.