[FieldTrip] Antwort: Re: Easycap 128 XYZ coordinates

m.goeldi at psychologie.uzh.ch m.goeldi at psychologie.uzh.ch
Tue Dec 2 10:47:52 CET 2014

Hi

The 129 channel version includes the Cz electrode, the 128 version does not.

Unfortunately these electrode positions did not work well for me. I assumed the coordinates are in MNI space (and I might be wrong here). But when I fit it to the template of the MNI head the electrodes do not match. The frontal part is ok, but the parietal electrodes disappear into the head. Looks like the reference head is too small. The electrode positions have to be rearranged manually.

I found a template file in spm12 (might also be around in spm8) in ./spm12/EEGtemplates/egi128_GSN_HydroCel.sfp (here the 128 version includes the Cz electrode). This fits perfectly onto the MNI template head.

Maybe someone with more experience can verify this discrepancy?

Cheers
Maurice

---
University of Zürich