[FieldTrip] ft_rejectcomponent with or withouth data input

Nenad Polomac polomacnenad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 16:25:01 CET 2014

Dear Fieldtrip users,

I would like to ask for one explanation. Could anyone in more detail
explain the difference between ft_rejectcomponent(cfg, comp) and
ft_rejectcomponent(cfg, comp, data)? I am not sure which one I should use.
I have read available information about that and tried out both methods. I
understand that data input will lead to back-projection of the data into
the original subspace. However I am still not sure which one I should use.
Furthermore, in the ICA calculation I have used cfg.runica.pca for data
dimensionality reduction.

Any clarification of this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

All the best and happy holidays,

Nenad