[FieldTrip] (no subject)

KatrinH Heimann katrinheimann at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:51:50 CET 2014

Hey Fieldtrippers,

I am fighting with a self defined trialfunction.
Basically I want to cut always at one event called ceck. If there is
another event in the piece cut out, called resp I want to  log the distance
between the two of them.
I tried

function [trl, event] = response_trialfun(cfg);

% read the header information and the events from the data
hdr   = ft_read_header(cfg.dataset);
event = ft_read_event(cfg.dataset);

% search for "trigger" events
value  = [event(find(strcmp('pres', {event.value}))).value]';
sample = [event(find(strcmp('pres', {event.value}))).sample]';

% search for "trigger" events
value2  = [event(find(strcmp('resp', {event.value}))).value]';
sample2 = [event(find(strcmp('resp', {event.value}))).sample]';

% determine the number of samples before and after the trigger
pretrig  = -round(cfg.trialdef.prestim  * hdr.Fs);
posttrig =  round(cfg.trialdef.poststim * hdr.Fs);

trl = [];

    trlbegin = sample + pretrig
    trlend   = sample + posttrig
    offset   = sample - sample + pretrig
    RT       = sample2 - sample

    newtrl   = [trlbegin trlend offset RT];
    trl      = [trl; newtrl];

end

But the problem is, that not always there is this second event, so
length(sample1) is not equal to length (sample2). Now I would just like
that every time when event 2 is missing sample 2 is just set to zero, so
that the two vectors have the same length and the function is working. Is
this possible?
Thanks a million
Katrin