[FieldTrip] anatomical labelling of dipole positions

Eelke Spaak eelke.spaak at donders.ru.nl
Tue Aug 26 18:03:44 CEST 2014

Hi Tom,

ft_volumenormalise will allow you to normalise an anatomical volume to
MNI space. The output of ft_volumenormalise will have a .params and
.initial field. These you need, you can discard the actual normalised
volumetric data. The fields contain the linear (.initial) and
nonlinear (.params) warps needed to go from subject-specific to MNI
space, and vice versa. Using these you can do something like:

normalised = ft_volumenormalise([], mri);
mnipos = ft_warp_apply(normalised.params,
ft_warp_apply(normalised.initial, subjectpos), 'individual2sn');

where subjectpos is an Nx3 array of subject-specific coordinates, and
mnipos will of course be Nx3 in MNI space.

In case of questions we can discuss tomorrow in person :)

Best,
Eelke