[FieldTrip] Does deleting bad channels in single subjects create problems for grand average later?

Raquel Bibi bibi.raquel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:26:19 CEST 2014

Hi Kathrin,
I like having my data saved before (I can apply a montage later) and after
repairing channels.  As Hweeling suggests, you will have difficulty grand
averaging if the channel of interest is missing from one of your subjects.

I no longer have your original post and apologize if I am repeating
suggestions from others.  Did you review and display your neighbors before
repairing channels?  Are you sure your channels had neighbors?  I've used
this function for years - when I switched EEG systems, I was unaware of the
change in units, and ran into the same problem you are having.  I think you
are best off understanding why ft_channelrepair isn't working.  I also
found it helpful to have the ft_default settings provide me with feedback:
ft_default.trackconfig = 'report';
ft_default.checkconfig = 'pendantic';

Hopefully my suggestions help you determine what's going on.  If not, I
could review your neighbors, and data structure.

Best,

Raquel