[FieldTrip] channelorder in leadfields, filter, ft_sourceanalysis

Marlene Bönstrup marlene.boenstrup at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 28 09:05:55 CEST 2014

Dear mailing-list,

I am confused with the ordering of channels during leadfield computation
and subsequent filter computation.
Following the code in ft_prepare_leadfield, I am convinced that the
channelorder of the leadfields is the same as in the input data to the
function (second input to ft_prepare_leadfields).
When I follow the leadfield order during ft_sourceanalysis it stays the
same until the filter is computed based on that leadfield. The filter
however is then applied to my data, which, during the course of
ft_sourceanalysis, become reordered alphabetically during ft_checkdata in
line 244 of ft_sourceanalysis (version 18.12.2013).
So then the crssspectrum order and leadfield order would not match.

Can you help me out with this paradox?

I hope my question is not too confused, if so I will try to rephrase and
exemplify, but maybe someone knows what I mean.

Many thanks,

Marlene