[FieldTrip] Problem with Geodesic 129 layout!!

KatrinH Heimann katrinheimann at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 18:08:26 CEST 2014

Dear all, my problems seem neverending. This time however i really need
help.
I implemented a pipeline for ERPs. All works now, trialdefinition,
preprocessing, channelreplacement, ica, componentrejection, final
artifactdetection, timelock of the single subject data. However, when I
wanna compute the grandaverage of the single subjects I get the following
error message:

computing average of avg over 19 subjects
Warning: discarding electrode information because it cannot be averaged
> In ft_timelockgrandaverage at 249
the call to "ft_timelockgrandaverage" took 0 seconds and required the
additional allocation of an estimated 3 MB
computing average of avg over 2 subjects
Warning: discarding electrode information because it cannot be averaged
> In ft_timelockgrandaverage at 249
the call to "ft_timelockgrandaverage" took 0 seconds and required the
additional allocation of an estimated 0 MB
the call to "ft_prepare_layout" took 0 seconds and required the additional
allocation of an estimated 0 MB
the call to "ft_topoplotER" took 0 seconds and required the additional
allocation of an estimated 0 MB

Furthermore in the plot of the significant clusters, the channelnames are
mixed up (do not correspond to my net)

I guess that there is a problem with the layout I use.
Here the code that I use

%For generating the layout (also in the single subjects):

cfg = [];

cfg.channel  = obs_data.label;

cfg.layout   = 'GSN-HydroCel-129.sfp';

cfg.feedback = 'yes';

lay          = ft_prepare_layout(cfg);

cfg_neighb          = [];

cfg_neighb.feedback = 'yes';

cfg_neighb.method   = 'triangulation';

cfg_neighb.layout   = lay;

neighbours          = ft_prepare_neighbours(cfg_neighb, obs_data);

obs_data.elec = ft_read_sens('GSN-HydroCel-129.sfp');

%For computing the grand average

cfg = [];

cfg.channel   = 'all';

cfg.latency   = 'all';

cfg.parameter = 'avg';

cfg.keepindividual = 'no'

GA_90         = ft_timelockgrandaverage(cfg,all90{:});

GA_180        = ft_timelockgrandaverage(cfg,all180{:});

% "{:}" means to use data from all elements of the variable

For plotting the significant clusters

cfg = [];

cfg.style     = 'blank';

cfg.layout    = lay;

cfg.channellabels = 'yes';

cfg.highlight = 'labels';

cfg.highlightchannel = find(stat.mask);

cfg.comment   = 'no';

figure; ft_topoplotER(cfg, GA_90)

title('Nonparametric: significant with cluster multiple comparison
correction')

Do you have ANY idea to this? I am really completely helpless....

thanks and best

Katrin