[FieldTrip] ft_channelrepair shows no effect at all

KatrinH Heimann katrinheimann at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:22:41 CEST 2014

Dear all. I am trying to replace bad channels.
This is my code (very basic I think):%% Preparing neighbours for channel
repair

cfg_neighb          = [];

cfg_neighb.feedback = 'yes';

cfg_neighb.method   = 'triangulation';

cfg_neighb.layout   = 'GSN-HydroCel-129.sfp';

neighbours          = ft_prepare_neighbours(cfg_neighb, obs_data);

% Interpolate and put into new data structure

 cfg                      = [];

 cfg.badchannel           = {};

 cfg.layout               = 'GSN-HydroCel-129.sfp';

 cfg.method               = 'nearest';

 cfg.neighbours           = neighbours;

 obs_data_channelrepaired       = ft_channelrepair(cfg,obs_data)

I do not get any error but fieldtrip even tells me that the interpolation
worked. However I do not see ANY trace of it in my data when inspecting it
afterwards. I also tried to change the method (to average) - no change.
Anybody who can help me with that?
Thanks a million
Katrin