[FieldTrip] Non linear frequency steps in TFR

Prasandhya Astagiri Yusuf prasandhya.a.yusuf at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:01:14 CEST 2014

Hi All,

I want to have a TFR plot that has the same portion for :
- alpha (7-15 Hz)
- beta (15-30 Hz)
- low gamma (30-60 Hz)
- high gamma (60-120 Hz)

Since those bands have exponential frequency steps, I could only see very
small part of alpha and (too) many  high gamma band. Is there a way to make
the cfg.foi in fieldtrip to have non linear steps? I tried to insert a
exponential function: cfg.foi = 0.5*exp(0.6931*(3.8:0.02:7.9));
But fieldtrip seems only detect first and last number and make linear steps
out of it.

Thank you in advance for any help and share!

Sandhy