[FieldTrip] Missing Channel labels in Data browser

KatrinH Heimann katrinheimann at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 10:01:00 CEST 2014

Dear all! I found the conversation quoted below among last years
posts. I have the same problem than Alik, I never see any channel
labels on the y axis, also not in the "some" option. Has this problem
ever been solved?

Best

Katrin

Hi Alik,

Using cfg.plotlabels = 'some', only plots several of the channel labels.
Leaving it empty, or setting it to 'yes', will show all labels, is that
what you intended?

Additionally, right now we cannot guarantee compatibility with matlab
R2012b onwards due to low level changes in several MathWorks functions.
Please use a version older dan R2013a.

Cheers,
Roemer

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Alik Widge <alik.widge at gmail.com

>* I have pounded on this one from a few different angles and even gone and
*>* looked at the source, and still can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong.
*>>* I have a datafile from an eXimia TMS-EEG system. Right now, all I'm trying
*>* to do is load it up and inspect the data a bit to get a sense of how badly
*>* artifacted it is. So:
*>>* %%%%%%
*>>* cfg = [];
*>* cfg.blocksize = 30;         % num of seconds to display at once
*>* cfg.continuous = 'yes';     % not yet cut into trials
*>* cfg.plotlabels = 'some';
*>* cfg.viewmode = 'vertical';
*>* cfg.colorgroups = 'chantype';
*>>* cfg.dataset = [DataDir filesep EEGFile];
*>* cfg.channel = {'EEG'};
*>>* ft_databrowser(cfg)
*>>>* %%%%%%
*>>* This does 90% of what it ought to do -- it shows me the EEG channels (no
*>* triggers or EOG), 30 second segments at a time. What it does *not* do is
*>* label the channels along the y-axis so that I can readily tell which one is
*>* Pz, F3, O1, etc., etc. I am pretty sure that's what cfg.plotlabels is
*>* supposed to do, and yet, it does not. I've also tried doing this as
*>* ft_databrowser(cfg,data), where I explicitly make sure that data.label
*>* contains the correct channel names, and that *still* doesn't work.
*>>* I'm aware that this was marked as a bug before, but bugzilla shows it
*>* closed long ago, before r7276 that I'm using I believe.
*>>* MATLAB r2013a on OS X, if it matters.
*>>* Am I simply misunderstanding what this cfg argument does or how to use it?
*>>>* Alik Widge, MD, PhD
*>* alik.widge at gmail.com
*>* (206) 866-5435
*>* fieldtrip mailing list