[FieldTrip] Resting State Data Source Reconstruction - covriance matrix in beamformer, and "avg" field in eLORETA

Haiteng Jiang haiteng.jiang at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 11:38:12 CEST 2014

> Dear  Roey,

         I don't have answer  to your  question but I have  some thoughts.

         Firstly , you can cut your EEG resting state data into trials (2s
per trial) . Since the dominant  frequency of  resting state is  alpha ,
you can build  frequency domain beamformer 'DICS' with (cfg.normalize='yes')
to normalize the lead field , which will avoid bias toward the center of
the head (http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/beamformer).  After that ,
you can use  virtual channel (all voxels) to extract the time series (
http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/shared/virtual_sensors).   However,
I am not sure whether it makes sense or not . Maybe the experts can comment
on it.

                                                                  Best,
                                                                  Haiteng

--
Haiteng Jiang
PhD candidate

Visiting address
Room 2.32
Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Kapittelweg 29
6525 EN  Nijmegen
the Netherlands

 Tel.: +31 (0)243668291