[FieldTrip] Question re: TMS-EEG FT Tutorial

Bingshuo Li bingshuo.li at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Apr 15 13:22:09 CEST 2014

Hi Jim,

Thank you very much again for your thoughtful response! I truly appreciate
it! I see your point now why you interpolate after ICA. It makes sense and
I think your argument is very valid. Indeed, bad channels always come up
fairly independently anyways. I can for sure do my channel inspection after
the ICA.

Another question along the same line: Would you suggest to categorize all
the IC with more than, say 30 uV, on the time-locked averaged IC, as muscle
artifacts as suggested by Korhonen et al. (2011)? I often feel very puzzled
when it comes to picking up ICs for removal. I feel that if I remove those
high amplitude ICs, my averaged TEPs look worse. However, by keeping those
high amplitude ICs, I am letting in signals with no biological
plausibility. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks very much!

Regards,

Bingshuo