[FieldTrip] a question

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 12:24:32 CEST 2014

Hello Fateme,

I believe ft_topoplotER needs its input to be a Fieldtrip data structure
that is the output of ft_timelockanalysis (i.e., the structure includes an
'avg' field that is a channels x timepoints matrix, and in the fall to
ft_topoplotER you specify cfg.param='avg'). It sounds like your pinput is
not a structure like this, but is a 1-dimensional vector.

You can plot a vector like this pretty easily using the topoplot() function
of the EEGLAB toolbox. (There may also be ways to do it in Fieldtrip but
I'm not aware of them; I've only ever used ft_topoplotER with a timelock
structure. Someone else on the list might know some tricks, though).

Best,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
New York University, Abu Dhabi